About the Committee
The Adam Lindsay Gordon Commemorative Committee Inc. (A0049425F) was formed in 2006 by a group of dedicated enthusiasts. The aim of the Committee is to:
- Raise the profile of Adam Lindsay Gordon as Australia’s national poet
- Facilitate events around Australia on the anniversary of Adam Lindsay Gordon’s death
- Collate material on Adam Lindsay Gordon’s life and works and make it available to researchers and admirers alike
- Undertake projects to perpetuate the memory of Adam Lindsay Gordon
- Do all such other things as are conducive or incidental to the attainment of the above purposes or any of them.
Who are we?
The Adam Lindsay Gordon Commemorative Committee Inc. comprises the following committee members:
Patron: Janice Bate
President: Russell Harrison
Vice-President: Vivienne Sellers
(Acting) Secretary: Travis M. Sellers
Treasurer: Travis M. Sellers
Ordinary Committee Members: Lorraine Day, Virginia Barnett, Jenny Odgers and Wes Rogers.
Life Members: John W. Adams (dec.), Elrae Adams, Jenny Childs and Allan Childs.